Friday, September 22, 2017

When I get back..

Today is the final day I'm at the beach, and as you may have noticed that I didn't go ahead and post on Wednesday.  It's not because I didn't want to, but this vacation is definitely some time to spend with my family, who during a normal work week do not get the attention that I'd like to give them.

I'll be on a new/old front when I get back to work.  The war on the dad-bod will continue, as it was under a ceasefire while I was here at the beach.  As much as I wanted to, and as well intentioned as I was, maintaining caloric balance, amongst many other things was next to impossible while here.

My initial goal when I return is to get back into a somewhat normal workout schedule.  Prior to my vacation it was erratic at best.  Primarily because of the increase in work schedule that happened about 3 weeks earlier.  Another factor that limited my exercise was my right foot.  Running was next to impossible as was many other exercises and lifts that I was hoping to perform.  It still hurts, but much less than it was before.

I'm still trying to hit the cardio hard, as when winter comes, it becomes less and less.  However this is that time of year that I do prefer to lift over cardio.  So I may work on something that integrates both.  I'm not exactly sure of some of my goals, but I do know that this dad bod needs to be chiseled out.

I'll also work on getting back to logging in my food on myfitnesspal.  I find that it's much better if I do it regularly and I'm less likely to do something stupid in the process.  What I love about the program is that if I"m still under on calories, I can have my kryptonite....oreos.

That's the plan for when I get back.  The #fightthefluffy continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment