Tuesday, April 10, 2018

My top 5's and why

Rather than go through some advice that I often do with these posts, I wanted to go through some of my top 5's and why I chose them.

My top 5 exercises: 
1.  Barbell Back Squat.  This exercise, when done heavy enough and for enough reps, hits pretty much everything.
2.  Pull-ups.  Kind of the upper body's version of the squat.  When done well, hit's everything.
3.  Dead-lift.  The "king" of lifts.  Between the break off of the floor and the amount of muscle it hits, can't forget this one.
4.  Pull-over.  I used to like the bench press and whatnot, but now my shoulder pretty much hates those.  These hit much of my upper body, especially in the front.
5.  Barbell Lunges.  Kind of like the back squat, these can get everything.  Plus you have the added bonus of maintaining your balance throughout.

Top 5 proteins: 
1.  Chicken breast.  You really can't go wrong here, versatile and can be made to taste like everything.
2.  Turkey breast.  This honestly tastes better than chicken, but with less versatility.
3.  Tuna.  This is cheap, easy, and honestly you can't go wrong for the amount of protein for the price.
4.  Protein shakes.  I use Arbonne Essentials,  they taste good and you feel full for awhile afterwards.
5.  Steak.  The killer here is the price.  Most of the time it's more expensive than what I had listed above, but it's still amazing.

Top 5 Extras:
1.  Coffee.  Without it, everyone suffers.
2.  Silence.  Surprisingly misunderstood and unappreciated.
3.  Trucks.  My favorite vehicle.
4.  Muay Thai.  What I do when I don't lift.
5.  Podcasts.  How to learn without anything crazy, like spending money.


Finally, my top 1....the Lord Jesus Christ and His teachings.  This is how I want to live my life, and I want to give my life to Him.

Those are some of my top 5's and why I thought them.  I hope you gain something out of it that's useful and valuable.



No comments:

Post a Comment