Monday, September 18, 2017

How to vacay....

I'm in a condo at N. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  Today was a "chill" day of which my wife and I went out to gather some groceries and coffee (she's a Pumpkin Spice Latte junkie, I'm a nitro cold-brew junkie).  Between waking up and now, I've been working on some homework to get ahead of the curve.  Though, we did spend several hours on the beach and in the pool.

Nutritionally, I drank plenty of coffee (as usual!) and had a sandwich for lunch with some grapes.  Nothing crazy, nothing fried.  What I attribute to this success, or at least maintenance, is the lack of an "official" breakfast.  While some say that it's the most important meal of the day, I've concluded that it may be the most important for some, but not for others, myself included.

I'm not going to say that I'll be innocent while I'm here.  That's far from the truth.  While I acknowledge that many trainers and nutritionists would eat "clean" many others wouldn't.  We only take this week-long vacation once per year and thus I'll eat what I decide I want to eat, and drink what I want to drink (especially on the beach).

Ways that I do try to avoid what I deem unnecessary calories are to order a salad instead of fries, to drink diet or light instead of full, and to keep it grilled (when necessary) instead of fried.  Fitness-wise, I'm taking the week off to rest and recover from some injuries that I've sustained in the last few months, specifically my left knee, right foot, and lately my right hand.  Fortunately, I have some homework that I need to work on and that gives me a good reason to be "lazy."

We'll spend the week mostly lounging around the beach, playing in the ocean and pool, and going to various sites around Myrtle Beach and N. Myrtle Beach.  I'll still be posting, but it may be less frequent than normal.  Stay tuned......


No comments:

Post a Comment