Monday, November 27, 2017

How are you feeling?

It is the Monday after Thanksgiving, and, if you're like many Americans you ate more than you should on Thanksgiving Day, and perhaps the days after. 

Today is a new day.  A day to re-ignite your goals, to re-think your process.  Something to consider is, how did you feel after eating what you did?  Is is the what? or is it the how much? did I eat that matters more? 

I can say, without any doubt that I didn't eat the best over the long weekend.  We started out on Thanksgiving with a fairly hearty breakfast and concluded the day over several meats, plus the sweet and savory side dishes associated with Thanksgiving dinner, and finally capping it off with some desserts, which we had in abundance.  This doesn't even include all the alcohol, which I consumed but in far less quantities then in past years.

After a weekend full of eating, I can honestly say that I feel sluggish and sort of tired.  I only say "sort of" because I did have the opportunity to sleep in and enjoy myself, but my eating wasn't all that.

With that, my eating habits will be modified throughout the remainder of November and much of December, especially during the week.  Much of my work week will be low-carb to help accommodate and facilitate fat loss.  I'll also be spending much of the month doing as much outdoor related cardio as I can, because once winter really kicks in, there's not much time spent outdoors at that point. 

My goal is to maintain what I've worked on for much of the year.  It's not about trying to improve at this point.  Rather than fight the waves of food, I'll just ride them in and work on keeping myself upright and steady through this course.  In the end, I want to enter 2018 at a good point physically and only improve from there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment