Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Let them eat cake!

As I write this, I have my foot soaking in an Epsom salt bath due to a pretty immense bruise encompassing a few toes.  I actually just finished a piece of my son's birthday cake and it was wonderful.

I don't feel bad about eating the cake for a couple of reasons, and they are:
1. It was still in my calorie budget. 2. It was there in the house.
3. It tastes freaking amazing.


I honestly tend to do pretty well when I have one of these sweet treats in the after hours. What I do is I eat whatever it is, so in today's case..cake, and sometimes Oreo's. Then I go ahead and brush my teeth.  This allows for me a better chance to avoid any further temptation.

Sometimes I don't feel bad about it on an intense workout day. Sadly today was mostly just running drills, which ended up with me injured. Days like this it's best to eat less but better quality. I still ended up eating the cake.

My suggestion to you is that don't fight the temptation if it's something regular. Figure out what works best for you to not drown in this temptation. For me it's my teeth brushing and in today's case, an all important soak in an Epsom salt bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment