Thursday, March 8, 2018

My weight-loss workouts

Prowler
Since January 26th, if you've been following along, I've been in the midst of a weight loss program.  I've battled my weight off and on for much of my life and it became much more challenging once I had kids.  Granted, it's not because I had the kids myself (high-five to my wife on this one), but because of the sleep deprivation and the change in schedules (kids are chaos). 

I have several workouts I've been working through while engaged in my weight loss journey.  Most of them are cardio, but some weights so that I can maintain some amount of muscle mass.  So here it goes:


  • Running (3, 4, & 5 miles so far) = Outside when the sun's out
  • SkiErg= A machine by Concept 2 that is similar to a rower, but mimics Cross Country Skiing
  • Elliptical= Not my favorite, but burns some calories
  • Treadmill= One of my most hated machines, cranking up the incline and going for a rigorous walk
  • Prowler= If you're not familiar with this, then you don't want to know
  • Jump-rope= Not a fan of double unders, but just some basic footwork & Time
  • Boxing/Muay Thai= My favorite fitness, just having the privilege to hit a bag or spar a person is exhilarating
  • Weights= Deads, squats, pull-ups, kettle-bell swings.  All the big-boys.  
SkiErg
Often, what I've done is a combination of some of these.  For instance on Tuesday this week I did a circuit of barbell squats and SkiErgs.  Last week was Boxing & Jump Rope.  Some days it's Ski's, Treadmill, Elliptical, and more!  So it depends on what I want that day. 

Regarding the lifting, I only shoot for 1-2 days per week so I can cut mass.  I also integrate it with some of the cardio, but mostly just the ski's.  

Anyway, that's my general workout routine (sort of), seems all over the place, but I do have a rhyme or reason behind everything I do.  But if you need inspiration, take a look at what I put above and begin to work on a plan for you.  It'll change your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment