Thursday, March 1, 2018

What I take & What's my plan.

Each and every day are different.  Some are easy and some are hard.  Nutritionally, I modify each day according to a few different things, which I'll tell you below:


  • Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, & Fridays= Atkins level low carb (not full keto, but closer to 50g of carbohydrates on these days.  
  • Saturdays & Tuesdays = 24 hour fasts (not eating until dinner)
    • Saturdays have the cheat meal to close it all out
    • Tuesdays have a normal meal, meaning whatever my wife prepares.  
  • Wednesdays have been, at least lately, my normal to high carb day.  
Now, this was after a 2 week ketosis primer (<25g carbs).  It was challenging, but easy to maintain for that short amount of time.  Currently I'm still in weight management mode, but it's much easier with the addition of some carbs.  

My foods generally look like:
  • Green vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, bell peppers, celery
  • Lean proteins such as chicken, tuna, or eggs.....sometimes red meat (if we have steak leftover)
  • When I do have carbs, it's usually sweet potatoes or butternut squash.  
I usually don't eat until 1030 in the morning or later, most days.  On fast days, that's dinner.  

Supplementally, I keep it simple.  There are some daily but some are specific to a day or two.  
  • Protein supplements.  My goal is 1g/lbs of body weight, so around 200g per day.  
  • Greens supplement.  My fast days need something to preserve muscle mass, so this helps provide vitamins and minerals. 
  • BCAAs.  Same thing with the fast days, but it's entire purpose is preservation of muscle. 
  • Digestion pre/pro-biotic.  Digestive health, feel better, live better. DAILY
I keep it simple and purposeful for myself.  I've lost about 5 inches or so in the last month and continue to feel and move better every single day.  This took some trial & error and some strategic
planning to fine tune.  I have some other strategies that I employ to keep me on track (my clients too!).  But I wanted to let you all know what I've been doing to get it done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment