Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The wager

On Friday January 26th, I entered a nationwide contest, with a team of 5.  This wager is to win $10,000. 

In selecting the team, I chose teammates that are very familiar with how to exercise and what works best for their bodies.  We all have several pounds to lose and it doesn't hurt us in that.  Our team name is Dad Bod Heroes, which means that all of us are of course....Dads. 

My weigh in was 220lbs.  About what I thought, but nevertheless a moderately depressing number.  This isn't the heaviest I've ever been, but it is far from the best I've felt.  As I write this, over a week later, I'm down below 215 already.  Most of which was a combination of ketosis and intermittent fasting. 

In the next several weeks, I'll be going through how ketosis works and why the "fad" of this is so popular, even though figure athletes and many others have been doing it for awhile.  I'll also be going through intermittent fasting and why that works.  This is not to say that they're the best, but they generally work to reach a goal. 

The main part of my journey lasts 3 months, with a maintenance of 9 months after.  My target is 190 or below, so wish me luck.   Several weeks into my journey I'll share a time lapse of how I look (via mirror selfie...with pants on!).  So you can follow me in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment